How can we help?
Start your Twitter Ads campaign
Twitter Ads campaigns 101
Campaigns are how you promote Tweets. It's easy to setup your campaigns and get started.
Decide what you want your campaign to achieve. Each of our campaign objectives are specialized to drive the type of engagement you want, and you will only be charged when a user takes that action.
- Awareness: Promote your Tweets to maximize their reach. Pay for: Impressions (cost per 1,000 Tweet impressions)
- Tweet engagements: Put your content in front of the right audience who will likely start a conversation. Pay for: Tweet engagements (cost per engagement)
- Video views: Maximize the viewership of your video content. Pay for: video views (cost per view)
- Followers: Grow your followers on Twitter. Pay for: follows (cost per follow)
- Website clicks and conversions: Promote your website and get more traffic. Pay for: link clicks and Website Card clicks (cost per click)
- App install or re-engagement: Promote your app and get more downloads. Pay for: app installs or app clicks (cost per app click or cost per install)
Use targeting features to choose the audience you want to reach. For example, select geographic areas, the followers of a notable account, or target people's interests. View our campaign targeting page for a full list of our Twitter Ads targeting options.
Twitter Ads serve to users by competing in an auction. You can decide how much you will pay for each billable action, which depends on the objective you select. During campaign setup, we'll recommend a bid based on the targeting parameters you've selected. Learn more about our auction system and get advice on bidding.
The price of Twitter Ads is up to you, there’s no minimum campaign spend. You choose a daily budget for your ads during campaign set up, and we will never go over this amount. Consider starting with at least $30/day to consistently reach audiences throughout the day. Set up your campaign dates and budget.
Select the Tweets you want to focus on in your campaign. Choosing 4 to 5 is a good start. Include strong call-to-actions, like “sign up” or “start today.” Avoid #hashtags or @mentions in your copy so that your audience does not click away from your ad. See examples of creative best practices here.
Deep dive with campaigns
Learn the in's and out's of campaigns on Twitter Ads
Campaigns 101 FAQ
Which objective should I choose?Arrow down icon
This is entirely up to you and your goals! Each campaign objective is specialized to achieve a different goal, so you can select the one that most aligns with what you want to achieve. Remember, each campaign has a different "billable action" and you are only charged when a user makes that action.
How much do Twitter Ads cost?Arrow down icon